|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
Baker Tilly DGP & Co is a firm of Certified Public Accountants in public practice since 1956. It is one of the oldest audit firms in Tanzania and is currently recognized as one of the leading medium sized certified public accountants firm in Tanzania, East Africa. We are located in the heart of the CBD in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The firm’s offering includes: Audit Assurance & Advisory; Tax Service; Outsourced Accounting & Compliance; Governance Risk & Compliance; Baker Tilly Digital; Corporate Secretarial Services
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant / CPA / ACCA.
- Comprehensive understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience with a reputable Auditing Firm.
- Knowledge of advanced excel, data analytics and CISA qualification would get a preference
Send Updated CVs to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org with AUDIT MANAGER as the subject of the email application . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.