|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation in Zimbabwe is implementing the Zambuko Livelihood Initiative project in Masvingo and Mwenezi districts of Masvingo Province and is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Data Entry Clerk.
The objective of the project is to strengthen and diversify livelihoods among poor Zimbabweans vulnerable to recurrent crises. The project seeks to improve smallholder production, the governance of community resources, and access to finance and markets, and to strengthen and expand on-farm and off-farm livelihood opportunities. As a result, households will be less vulnerable to recurrent crisis as assets are better utilized and incomes increase. This projects also strengthens social cohesion, integrate nutrition, and empower women and youth. Zambuko leverages on ongoing asset-creation activities funded by USAID - FFP and others and build livelihood capacities to complement these investments, creating a holistic package of support, resulting in durable resilience impacts for economic growth. The project represents medium-term transition support for households, to help them graduate from humanitarian assistance and pave the way to sustainable livelihoods.
SNV is the leading partner in the establishment Village Savings and Loans (VSL) groups, fostering financial behavior change through financial education training, development of smallholder farmers' capacity to access financial and output markets and the promotion of Post-Harvest Handling and Storage technologies to reduce post-harvest losses.
The Data Entry Clerk (DEC) will be appointed within the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) unit of the R4/Zambuko projects. Under the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor's supervision, the DEC will conduct a wide range of data and information management duties in support of the R4/Zambuko projects. The position serves to meet performance and quality assurance benchmarks in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment. The DEC must exercise flexibility in providing support to project staff according to project and donor needs and in the interest of efficiency in workflows and operations. Essential tasks include the sorting and management of project beneficiary lists, automating and updating this information, producing accurate dashboards, and related reports as assigned by the supervisor.
- Receiving files from project staff for data entry; inputting this information in assigned Information management systems,
- Maintaining data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures, including indexing rules,
- Verifying entered project beneficiary data by reviewing, correcting, or re-entering data,
- Maintaining operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes,
- Maintaining SNV and Donor confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential,
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Design and consolidate data collection tools.
- Performance measurement and statistical reporting
- Must be college/university graduate with an M&E; Statistics and or Clerical related qualification
- Strong computer skills (able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Formal computer training may be advantageous in progressing in this career.
- Strong written and verbal (English) communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure in the fast-paced professional working environment.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and responsive and
- Ability to treat confidential information with due care.
- Computer Literate,
- Proficient Typist and analyst,
- Attention to Detail,
- Information Collection,
- Organizational Skills,
- Communication Skills,
Contract Duration - One year
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the 'I AM INTERESTED' tab on this page and submitting a CV and Cover letter in English before 28 February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.