|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeland North.
Reporting to the M&E Lead, the Database Assistant will primarily focus managing the Amalima Loko M&E databases for participant and activity data capture, storage, analysis and reporting. The job holder will also focus on ensuring uninterrupted data transmission to the Bulawayo office.
Location - Lupane or Hwange with occasional travel within Amalima Loko operational areas
- Implement and maintain a functional M&E database that allows for inputting, storing, retrieval, analysis and reporting at the district and transmission to the Bulawayo office
- Implement policies and standard operating procedures for data handling and archiving to ensure credible and sustainable M&E databases
- Coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in M&E database servers against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of the M&E databases
- Test programs or databases, Flag errors to allow for necessary modifications by the database specialist
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on the M&E databases
- Act as primary contact to trouble-shoot any problems encountered during implementation of the databases
- Develop and produce accurate and timely routine and special reports, and data retrievals for staff as needed, and is the point person for managing custom reporting requests
- Maintain a regular back-up of the electronic databases and scanned copies of beneficiary sign-in forms for receipt of program services or commodities
- Perform any other relevant functions as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- A relevant first degree or diploma in computer studies or a closely related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in designing and implementing database systems for M&E frameworks
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team
- Reliable & ethical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably
Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Ability to speak and understand IsiNdebele and/or other languages spoken in Matabeleland North is preferred.