|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) project activities, under the Emergency, Preparedness and Response Unit.
- Assist in the implementation of the integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner for further processing;
- Support the effective implementation of DTM projects and ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines;
- Compile reports on all operational activities, including real time sharing of flash updates on mobility trends, migrant’s vulnerabilities and any other relevant pertinent issues;
- Assist DTM unit in the production and quality control of documents;
- Support in the data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, transferring, processing, and supporting analysis of collected data;
- Identify gaps in data and information related to programme implementation and contribute to address such needs;
- Provide updates on human mobility trends, changes and any other significant observations surrounding human mobility in Zimbabwe as required;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the DTM team;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Operations Research and Statistics or any other Information Management related degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Knowledge of Information Management, management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
- Knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems;
- Ability to analyze statistical information;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets is an asset; demonstrated team building and information management skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for actions and manages constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly and adapts delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter, Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement. No late applications will be accepted. Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted