|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
The HALO Trust is the world’s largest and oldest international humanitarian mine action charity. Our mission is to save lives and restore livelihoods for those affected by conflict. HALO is known for its work to clear landmines and the disposal of other explosive hazards such as bombs, rockets, and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). HALO was established in Afghanistan in 1988 and now employs over 8,500 staff across 26 countries and territories.
HALO has two major programmes in Southern Africa in Angola and Zimbabwe as well as expanding opportunities across the region. HALO has been working in Angola since 1994 and now has almost 1,000 staff working across five provinces. To date HALO has destroyed over 100,000 mines left behind from the war for independence and civil war which persisted from 1961 to 2002. HALO has cleared another 100,000 mines in Zimbabwe despite only starting operations there in 2014 through the clearance of some of the densest minefields in the world.
About the Role
HALO is seeking to recruit a Donor Relations Manager (DRM) who will work directly with the Head of Southern Africa Region to provide support to HALO’s Angola and Zimbabwe programmes. The DRM will coordinate with the programme teams, UK based Head of Region and the US and UK based HQ departments, there is therefore flexibility on where the role is based but being regionally located would be beneficial. There will also be opportunities to travel throughout the region and beyond. Due to the complexity of the programmes in the region, HALO is seeking someone with experience in the mine action sector but is also open to applications from fast learning applicants with the right skillset.
The DRM is responsible for supporting the successful delivery of all HALO Angola and Zimbabwe projects. The DRM will play an important role in coordinating across different internal departments and with external stakeholders, to provide support to the programmes in donor relationship management and contractual compliance. In addition, the DRM will provide support to regional portfolio management, research and exploring new opportunities in the region.
Duties will include:
· Donor proposal development and drafting.
· Monitoring of reporting schedules on and report drafting and review.
· Coordinating with Programme Officers in the region on donor reports and proposals.
· Donor grant management including indicator monitoring.
· Coordinating with HQ departments such as finance and logistics as and when needed.
· Supporting regional compliance with HALO policies and procedures.
· Support with regional stakeholder mapping and management.
· Represent HALO and the region at stakeholder meetings, in particular in the exploration of new donor and partner relationships.
· Research potential new donors
· Research and develop new partnerships, in particular focusing on the empowerment of women, professional development, conservation and development to maximise the impact of HALO programmes.
· Support to in-region programme communications, presentations and briefing documents.
· Representing and minute taking at meetings, monitoring emails and internal communications.
· Working on other standalone projects and initiatives.
· Other administrative duties as and when required.
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (no more than 1 page) in English outlining how your
experience matches the key skills and competencies required by midnight Sunday 17th October 2021 (UK time).
We reserve the right to amend the closing date depending on the number of applications received.
All applications should be made via The HALO Trust website: https://www.halotrust.org/recruit