|Date Posted||June 18, 2022|
The Agricultural and Rural Development Authority (ARDA) is undergoing transformation to spearhead Rural Development and Industrialisation, National Food, Feed, Fibre Biofuels and Seed Security for the attainment of Vision 2030. The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of General Manager – ARDA Seeds Private Limited. Reporting to the ARDA Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for strategic direction and overseeing implementation of strategic objectives for the growth of the organization.
GENERAL MANAGER – ARDA SEEDS PVT LTD
The incumbent’s key responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Profit and Loss responsibility.
- Overseeing the Company’s seed production and supply chain operations with special focus on climate SMART seed crops.
- Overseeing execution of the business strategy to sustain company growth and expansion in Zimbabwe and beyond.
- Alignment of business strategy and objectives with Parent Ministry for attainment of Vision 2030.
- Overseeing implementation of policies, systems and procedures for the business to increase operational efficiencies.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements binding the business in the operating environment.
- Overseeing supervision and performance management of staff.
- Risk Management.
- Ensuring human and financial resources are mobilized and well-coordinated to enable smooth running of the business.
- Overseeing value preservation initiatives.
- Reviewing the overall viability and profitability of seed crop varieties portfolio to ensure sustainability and growth.
- Overseeing seed breeding programmes.
- Supervising coordination with key value chain actors and stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Crop Science or related qualification.
- M .Sc in Plant Breeding and Genetics or equivalent.
- MBA/MBL a distinct advantage.
- At least 10 years practical experience in the Seed Industry, with at least 5 years at senior management level. Attributes
- Strong business acumen and excellent leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Result oriented, Innovative, Analytical and an excellent team player.
Applicants should submit their Application Letters, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than 28 June 2022 to: -
The Human Resources Manager
Agricultural and Rural Development Authority
3 McChlery Avenue, South Eastlea,
P.O. Box CY1420
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
ARDA Spearheading Rural Development and Industrialisation, National Food, Feed, Fibre, Biofuels and Seed
Security in pursuit of Vision 2030.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe