|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
Our client in the Mining Sector seeks applications from qualified, experienced and self-driven candidates for the Procurement and Compliance Officer position.
Purpose of Post
Procurement and Compliance Officers are responsible for ensuring compliance to procurement policies and suppliers as well as negotiating contracts in adherence to legislation.
- Engages with user departments to create short-term and long-term procurement plans in order to maximize value.
- Manages and controls end-to-end procurement of goods and services to ensure optimum cost and efficient goods/ services delivery.
- Assists in the development and Implementation of a compliance framework to ensure 100% compliance levels in all aspects of procurement
- Contributes to the drafting and management of contracts to ensure compliance with legislation and department users.
- Plans, Implements, controls and monitors approved changes to area of responsibilities.
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders for procurement strategy implementation and operational procurement transactions.
- Engages with the necessary government entities for the smooth flow of procurement activities,
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONS SPECIFICATIONS
- Must a have degree in supply chain management or any other related commercial degree.
- CIP qualification or a postgraduate Masters Degree is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience m procurement.
- Experience working in the mining industry is an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of public procurement
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts for the attainment of real value.
Suitably qualified candidates must submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org Head Hunters International 2nd Floor Gold Bridge, Eastgate Mall Harare.