|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position of Procurement Manager.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB :
- To facilitate the efficient flow of goods and services in line with the organisation’s ethics, policies, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the Strategic Financial Plan to minimise financial risks.
- Oversees the operations of the department to ensure compliance with public procurement laws and regulations, ISO standards, company policy, and any relevant regulation or standard.
- Identifies local and international supply sources of fuel, general supplies, and services, selects and negotiates best purchase packages.
- Manages the import supply chain of fuel to include placement of orders, expediting orders and payments, external customs clearance, and product releases for pipeline injections.
- Administers the tender process including the drafting of bids, adjudication, and award of tenders in strict compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (PPDPA) [Chapter 22:23]
- Identifies and analyzes current procurement and performance gaps, trends, and best practices and recommends key performance improvement opportunities with a focus on standard work, lean principles, and risk containment.
- Supervises the Procurement Evaluation Committees and recommend appropriate action.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Procurement or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in a Business Administration or any Commercial field an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management is an advantage.
- Membership with a professional body is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience of which 2 years should be at a senior position.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications with comprehensive CVs and certified copies of certificates via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-deliver the application to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Petrotrade (Pvt) Ltd, 1st Floor, NOCZIM House, 100 Leopold Takawira Street, Harare. NB. Only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to