|Date Posted||July 27, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
The National Gallery has set itself as a center for national culture, which may inject various influences into the mainstreams of life and change the way people appreciate art and culture in their various societies through stone, metal and wooden sculptures, paintings, drawings, print works and installations. The Gallery is responsible for circulating exhibitions throughout Zimbabwe and is a focal and distributing point for art in the country. Its core business is also to preserve, conserve, research and publish the artworks collections for the education of present and future generations of Zimbabwe. The Gallery provides education through the National Gallery Visual Arts Studios (NGVAS) and also holds educational workshops, films and lectures within the Gallery as a way of promoting and educating the public about visual arts. The Gallery offers the corporate community and other civic organizations the opportunity to hire artworks from the Permanent Collection for decoration of their premises. These institutions can also hire space for private functions, exhibitions and shows. Interested people are welcome to use the Thomas Meikles Library to provide research and interest facilities.
The National Gallery of Zimbabwe is seeking a highly skilled, adaptable, and reliable Sales and Marketing Officer to help take the Gallery to the next level. In this position, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals who plan and implement our sales, marketing, and advertising activities. You should be familiar with market analysis and research, the Gallery’s products and services promotion, and anticipation of customer behaviour and market trends.
- Developing, implementing and managing marketing strategy based on organisational goals for promoting and supporting NGZ activities;
- Managing the day to day marketing portfolio;
- Drawing up quarterly and yearly marketing plans;
- To promote NGZ curatorial services and events nationally and internationally;
- Managing marketing campaigns including; digital marketing, advertising, direct, online and social media marketing in collaboration with the PR and Info Officer and IT department in updating institutional website;
- Reviewing and improving the institution’s brand through researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements,
- Identifying market trends and suggesting system improvements to achieve the NGZ marketing goals;
- Preparing and facilitating internal management and marketing skills training sessions for employees;
- Reviewing and revising the retail strategy through the use of information technology for profitability and quality assurance and introducing new products and product line extensions;
- Preparing marketing and sales budgets;
- Developing tactical sales management plans to achieve product variety and profitability;
- Developing communication strategies and liaising with stakeholders;
- Handling and resolving customer complaints, stock management and managing export sales;
- Managing and analysing sales data and producing analytical monthly sales reports;
- Managing supplier and client relationships;
- Organising and participating in organisational promotional events;
- Develop strategies to retain and attract new visitors to the NGZ;
- Identifying, developing and fostering strategic partnerships with various stakeholders, private sector, institutional and curatorial to support programming to enhance and maximize business opportunities.
The person must:
- Be a passionate marketer and creative thinker to manage innovative marketing campaigns;
- Should be an excellent communicator with great negotiation and organizational skills;
- Should have a flair for art, culture and design;
- Has high level of internet and computer literacy with competence in MS Word, Windows, Power Point, Office Outlook;
- Has proven experience in analysis statistical research data to inform marketing strategy;
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree / HND in Marketing or Business Administration, IMM or CIM;
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in marketing or sales.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are not accepting hand delivered or postal applications. Interested candidates must submit their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.