|Date Posted||November 15, 2022|
Takunda is a five-year, $55million Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) funded by USAID. The project is being implemented by CARE International and its partners, International Youth Foundation (IYF), Family Health International (FHI360), Nutrition Action Zimbabwe (NAZ), Bulawayo Projects Centre (BPC), and Environment Africa. The project implementation spans two provinces, Manicaland (in Mutare and Buhera districts) and Masvingo (in Chivi and Zaka districts). Takunda seeks to promote sustainable, equitable, and resilient food, nutrition, and income for at-risk groups, namely: the extremely poor, the chronically vulnerable, and those at risk of malnutrition. The project aims to directly impact 301,636 people in 77,211 households across all-purpose areas by increasing household gender-equitable income, nutrition status, and resilience to shocks and stressors.
To oversee and coordinate WASH project activities in the Chivi district and contribute towards the achievement of project objectives and targets.
- Plans for the WASH operational systems and procedures for the district and shares with staff and District stakeholders
- Develops the global working plan for the district in line with the budget and shares the details with the WASH Specialist and Purpose Manager
- Prepares Individual Operating Plan (IOP) in line with project Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Produces technical guidelines for implementation of WASH components (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene activities)
- Conducts training for staff and stakeholders on project concepts, technologies, and methodologies
- Conducts independent and joint field visits, verifications, and monitoring of project activities
- Coordinates the development of district-specific budgets in line with the project budget
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders by sharing project information and activities
- Collaborates with District Water Supply and Sanitation Committees (DWSSC) and shares the project details/activities as per the project plan in line with the budget
- Generates reports as per donor guidelines and submits to the Field Supervisor
- Integrates WASH activities across program interventions.
- Degree in Water Engineering/Public Health or equivalent
- 4-5 years’ experience with development programs working under WASH
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should apply here: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CareInternationalInZimbabwe