|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
TECHNICIAN/SENIOR TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
Journalism and Media Studies
Applicants must have a degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science,
Electronic Engineering or in any related field plus an appreciation and understanding of
television and radio engineering. The incumbent must have a minimum of 2 years of
practical experience in broadcast journalism. Such experience MUST include:
● The operation of multi-camera studios and digital video switching units and / or
mixing desks and digital audio production equipment.
● Proficient operation of portable video and audio equipment for the purposes of
● Experience in media production in a computerized environment, including
workflow and file management.
● Experience in the use of DSLR and camcorder cameras for still and video media
● Familiarity with software-based editing packages
● Experience in the administration of computer-based media catalogues or digital
asset management software would be an advantage.
The duties will include the following:
● Installations, troubleshooting, and repairs of radio studio equipment
● Controlling and maintaining departmental audio and video equipment and ensure
that quality is of suitable standards
● Keeping an inventory of studio equipment
● Assisting students in their radio and television production assignments
● Advising on and performing studio upgrades
● Providing technical support during live streaming productions
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
An attractive package which includes Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits is offered; details of
which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a Curriculum Vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant, including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be addressed to: The Senior Assistant Registrar Human Resources Department National University of Science and Technology P O Box AC 939 Ascot Bulawayo, ZIMBABWE And e-mailed to: email@example.com in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 02 December, 2022 ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.